Easter Sunday as I drove home from my mom's house, it finally dawned on me that this TRULY will be the last holiday without children for me and Andy. Next year I will be dying eggs and crafting an Easter Egg Hunt for "Z" and "N". For the last four years we have been dreaming of this and it's finally coming true. It's the little things that we take for granted that make you stop and think.
At Christmas time this year, I ripped up the sign we made two years ago when we started our adoption process. It was an adorable sign that we hung around Chip's neck that said "Hungary or Bust" and we posed him in front of the tree. I can't remember ever being so angry that I just tore something up. I don't think I even tore something up as a child- but I found that sign among the Christmas decorations and I just sat on the floor and tore it up into tiny pieces. It was both satisfying and alarming- I think I finally reached a point when I felt I had enough. I hear people say God never gives us more than we can handle........ and now in less than three weeks, we are going to be parents. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!
No comments:
Post a Comment