The Quest

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Landing in Vienna

Well.... we landed in Vienna and are anxiously awaiting to board to Budapest. It's 2:30 at home and 9:20 here in Vienna.  Andy is sacked out on a bench in front of me but I am so excited and I can't sleep. I did sleep a little while on the plane but it was a full house!  This airport feels like I am in Ikea..... I remember it when we flew to Brno the first time. Lots of glass walls and you walk through a maize to get to everywhere you are going. Thank goodness I did not get the body scan and the pat down again,...... I am

I've got my "listening ears" on now because at this point it's hard to understand anything anyone is saying- LOL. I will say that the Europeans are very clean. It's hard to believe we will call this home for the next month.....  I miss Chip terribly and it's only been two days.

I truly don't have a lot of anxiety right now but I would be lying if I did not say I had a queazy stomach when we left. I am wondering what Andrea, our coordinator on the Hungarian side, will look like and how easily we will find her in the airport. She will be looking for us after we go through customs.

We will go to our little farmhouse in Tatabanya and then sleep for the night. Tomorrow we head to the ministry then to meet the kids! I can't begin to describe what a wonderful feeling it is to know we wont be traveling home alone this time! Hoping I don't bust out in tears tomorrow when we meet them! They will think I am some crazy American lady!

2 comments:

  1. Just looked your town up on Google so I could see where you are! Can't wait for your next update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are at 79 Szondi street near Heroes Square.

    ReplyDelete