Saturday, May 11, 2013
I found Harwin
Yes, hold your breath everyone! Today I found Harwin. Ok, well actually Andy found Harwin. We started our day like we do every day. We have some learning time in the morning, we go to the park and play. This morning was no different. At the park we met the nicest man there with his wife who was a school teacher in Hungary. He spoke great English. He spoke many languages but English was the one I was most interested in since I long to hear it..... It gets odd after so long of only hearing English from your significant other. We talked for some time while the kids played. He explained many things I was wondering about Hungary still... The prejudice attitudes towards the Roma or Gypsy as they are called (our kids). He also shed some light to the difference in people's faces here. We noticed that for the most part people just don't smile here. They have sort of a scowl on their faces. It has been hard to get used to- it is just their culture (some say left from the days of communism.]
Andy made his way to the mall for a well deserved Starbucks and called with the best news ever...... he found a Hungarian Harwin. Now those of you know know me well know how much I LOVE Harwin. So it was important that I make the trip. Andy met us at the park and the whole Tite gang went to the Hungarian Harwin. We did a lot of looking but I must go back when Andy can distract Z. The kids did very well with their hands in their pockets. A new trick mom taught so we can actually go in a store without 500 mystery items popping into a cart.
After our trip to the mall, we came back to the apartment and had some wind down time. We had dinner and then went for a long walk with some scheduled race time (led by Andy) he really knows how to wear them out before bed. We spent about 45 minutes at the park as the sun went down and before we left the kids checked their fishing poles in the bushes. Check- everything was still there waiting for them. So guess where we are going on Mother's Day- yes, FISHING!
It's 10:30 and the kids are in bed. Andy and I are preparing ourselves for the Saturday night exhaust and bus drunks who will gather below our window for the next 5 hours. Until tomorrow......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHave a great fishing trip & a wonderful Mother's Day!!
ReplyDelete