The Quest

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Turn the Handle and Get a Prize.....

Have you ever dug in your pocket for that last bit of change to shove in the vending machine becaues you are dying for a diet coke or something chocolate and the machine takes your money or your item gets stuck? Let's take the same scenario and apply it to the restroom! The restroom seems to be the center of many of our issues! So today wea re in the middle of the market and Z looks at me and begins to cross her legs and says the dreaded word "Vetsie..." with a little whine... Ok you have to be kidding me... we had several opportunities but we wait until we get in the middle of this market with single file aisles and all I need is to buy some toilet paper and some laundry soap..... (I went the night before to buy toilet paper but apparantly I cant read Hungarian and you could not see the difference and I bought paper towels. You can wipe your bottom with a paper twel right?) Anyway, back to the story. When you are in a Hungarian market, with a Hungarian child who has to go to the restroom you can't ask where the bathroom is because they don't speak English. So I simply turned to Z and did what any mother in this situation would do -"Well you better go and ask someone." And she did.... he pointed to the door and said 20 kilomoters...... and I thought to myself, sure I am going to find that! UGH. So off we went. Next to the park I saw the little building with the porta pot like bathroom. There was a door with a coin slot for 180 pins.... when you put your money in you can turn the handle and are granted access to this little kingdom. Just like that. I am not sure if your session is timed and what happens when your time is up becaue WE NEVER GOT IN! That's right, you heard me. We put in 160 pins and it refused to take the last 20. I stood there flabbergasted! I put my money in but no prize..... Now for someone who was about to wet their pants Z got some amusement out of this. Or perhaps it was the amusement in watching me contemplate on whether I was going to shake that house until the door came open. Yes, I would be lying if I did not tell you I considered it. I decided however that I wanted to be released to go home when my time is up so I would follow the Hungarian laws. Since I cant read calling the 1-800 number becaues I lost my money was not an option. I can't make that part up- there was actually a number to call and report that the toilet took your money. At this point what I wanted to do was pull Z's pants right down and let her cop a squat on the doorway of the darn thing that took my money. But since all of these things would not be modeling good choices for our new children, I sucked it up and did the next best thing. I poked Z in the nearest bush and stood in front of her. She squatted like a trooper and took care of business. What a girl! We all went back into the market and it was like nothing had ever happened. Love these kids! It was one of those moments that will create flashbacks for me for the rest of my life when I use a vending machine. I am telling you- we are missing the boat in America charging to go to the restroom. There is big money in this to be had,..... think about it, everyone has to do it! Looking forward to the Land of the Free! Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment