Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Into the river they went........
Today we took the River boat ride. I'm not really sure how we found it but let me give my husband the credit he deserves! He rocks with directions. He is definitely the navigator of the family! He knew exactly which trams we needed to take and lead us right there like he had been a thousand times!
On the way we stopped and got the kids a snack. Andy got his new fav... Costa Coffee. While Andy had his coffee and the kids drank their juice, I turned to see them playing paper scissors rock. It's universal! But they were chanting in Hungarian. It was priceless.
Of course the next thing was we all had to use the restroom. The Riverboat people sent him to the restaurant next door. First, he mistakingly took Niko into the women's rr and got chewed out. They told him it was not a public restroom. LOL, I missed all the fun. Whoops. Proud of him for walking away. He came back to tell the Riverboat people if her were in America he would have told them where to go. Hahahaha.
The boat ride was awesome and the kids had a blast. They were so excited when the bus went into the river and began to float. We thought the trip might have been a bit too long for them but they soaked it all up like little sponges. We ate at a little restaurant on top of the hill (a mountain for those of us who live in Texas). A pretty good time was had by all and there were no issues with any behavior! Woo Hooo!!!
At the park this evening ( that's right, you didn't think we would go a day without the park did you? Can't break routine). I saw quite a sight. There is usually a heavy game or two of Ping Pong each evening.... they start lining up at the tables by 4PM..... At the Ping Pong Tournament tonight, there was a man wearing black speedos white sox and tennis shoes. I said a prayer that he didn't go to the trampoline while I was there to witness. I snapped photo for Lynn and sent it back home- she would enjoy the humor. You just have to take my word for it. I can't make that up!
Yes, it was a pretty good day here in Budapest! I am turning it in for the night- windows are open and the headphones are on the nightstand- ready for the 4AM clashing of the trashcans and the diesel...... Until tomorrow- Goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment