The Quest

Monday, May 13, 2013

Walk Anyone?

Going for a Budapest Walk reminds me of New Orleans. Have you ever walked the streets of New Orleans? If you have you will know the smell I am speaking of... I think I've grown accustomed to it because yesterday the smell was gone. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The verdict is still out. One thing us for sure -its am indication it's time for me to go home. There are certain areas where you just smell the strong order of urine. In New Orleans it's vomit and we all know why but here in Budapest it's urine and it seems to follow you as you walk. I've come to the conclusion it's because when you walk your dog there is little grass in the city unless you go to the park so the dogs urinate on the sidewalks and on the walls of the buildings. I'm quite sure at 180 pins to peesheenie there are some adults as well. This is not meant to be insulting in any way, just to tell you how different it is here. N has a very bad habit of picking things up no matter what they are. Maybe the big city was not the best place for them to get experiences. Z will soon learn we don't touch people's cars or open gas tank covers and Niko will stop chasing pigeons near the road. Today I turned to find N carrying an empty bottle of whisky he found on the ground with a smile on his face as if to say Look at me mom, look what I found. He was heading to throw it away when I screeched his name. All I could think of was the filthy drunk person who once had their hands on that bottle . Thank goodness he doesn't understand English because I yelled something similar to yuck. Drop that right now. He smiled and I took it from him quickly! I know I was not a good role model by putting it back on the ground where he found it but I could not stop thinking of the germs it carried. Yes, there are many things to find on a walk in Budapest.

No comments:

Post a Comment