The Quest

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Long Live the Park.......

And today we went to......... you guessed it. The Park. There really is a lot do do at the park. Right now I am studying my two subjects socially to determine the amount of work we have to do when we get home. We are seriously thinking N may need to repeat kindergarten. He is very immature, a very short attention span, and what Andy and I would call a lazy learner. Not a lot of desire to learn. (The Bay Kinder team reading this right now is breaking out in to a full out sweat!) He spends a lot of time watching other kids play and most of the time he goes straight to the 4 and under. It breaks my heart. If we spoke the same language it might be easier to model and assist. Z is experiencing the first of many to come lessons of "I don't care what everyone else is doing". She really wants to move across those monkey bars but its not happening. They are about 20 feet up in the air and I have watched at least three kids land hard. Andy and I are determined to bring these kids back to court with minimal bruises! It stinks because we can't explain to the other parents out there why we have to "shelter" them so much.... they think we are overprotective Americans! Regardless, there is no way she is going across those monkey bars. N got in to it with a two year old. I'm not sure what he was saying but it sounded rather agitating and his fingers were in his ears. I found it necessary to shut it down. The kids were educated today about pop rocks. You know the tiny explosive rocks that pop when you throw them to the ground. A group of school kids were on the loose at the park with them and the kids are fascinated. We learned two valuable lessons today and one that will finally stop the stick play I hope. Number one for Niko, we don't throw sticks. He got whacked in the face. Thank God we are still coming home with two eyes but maybe now we will get why mom and dad keep nagging at you. Lesson two- we keep two hands on the swing. After a time out we went back over and did it one more time. I was just about to motion her over for another time out when a divine intervention occurred. Z face planted right on the ground. No worries, we still have our chin but we will be come home with a slight remembrance on our knee. Maybe now we get it. Lol The day ended with dinner a bath and a wind down game of memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment