Tuesday, May 7, 2013
VICTORY
Today was a great day! We made it to the park by 9 am and it is almost 7pm now...... not one issue!!! Each had a tome out and handled it well! N for knocking down Z's sand castle and Z for running too far across the park without asking me. It was chilly outside this morning and we had a little rain but none of us melted!
The kids blew bubbles and we made sand castles. It rained last night so we are all filthy. Only one field trip group came through the park today. The teacher lead the class while she was smoking. Boy is it different here.
I must be becoming a regular because two tourists asked me for directions to the zoo and amusement park. That part felt good. However, I was also reminded that I stick out like a soar thumb with my "western hair" because they knew to ask me in English and I wasn't speaking and they were not American lol.
I find myself casing out the park way too much. That would be my husbands good training. Ready to smack someone with the kids bubble stick ik if they try to take my back pack. I've read about the thieves and I'm ready.
So far the only strange thing today has been the man I saw peeing behind a tree in my case out. I guess when you pay 180 pins to go to the bathroom you know where all the good trees are in the park. That 180 ft can add up. That's equivalent to about 80 cents. Lol
It's funny to watch the faces of the two men at the trampoline when they see us coming. I'm pretty sure they will never forget Z and her fit of rage when they told her to get off. Then when she wrapped her little body around the railing as if to say I am not leaving. Little does she know mom is a pro at unwrapping fingers and arms from permanent objects and dad is extremely strong and sees everything. Yes I would say we are a great team.
I love watching N when a plane comes. He now associates every plane with America. He yells out, America, America. Then they both ask me when we are going. I hope the excitement for America continues and we don't rock their world when we leave. Right now it's all fun and games because mom and dad are on the outside not understanding what everyone is saying but ohhh the tables will be turned. Pretty sure some of the manipulation will stop then......
It's a full time job watching z at the park as she is rather sneaky. Both kids have already had a time out and about to start getting them for climbing up the slide. It's tough when they are watching all the other kids do it but we are going by Bay rules so we can transition. Yes, I know kids climb up slides all the time but they have to understand playground rules before we bring them back. One thing is for sure they understand when I call their name and shake my head no.
I do hate not speaking the language. I hate when they find playmates and hold conversations with them and their parents and I have no idea what they are saying. Today a sweet elderly couple had their grandchild and Z and N were playing with them. When they decided they were going across the street next to the amusement park where they have these little cars you drive, they invited the kids. The kids looked at me to explain and the sweet little grandmother began to say Vroom. Vroom. I knew what they were saying but in the back of my mind I was saying there is no way in Heck I'm taking you some place like that alone. No way no how.
The kids pick the worst times to go to the bathroom. As we were about to cross the busy street N yells out Pisheenie. Now I know I am not spelling that correctly but it means he has to pee. Of course no sooner did he yell out we had a second one who had to go. Trying to find a restroom in a foreign country is not fun. And when you do find one you have to pay. Ask me where mine went? That's right! Behind a clump of trees nearby. It was the only option. I have seen so many kids going to the restroom behind trees. I have a new understanding of children who come from out of the country to Bay and go to the restroom on the playground. I get it now! Lol
Then after we ate I heard the "pookeenie" and that ......my friends..... can only be done behind a tree if you are a bear. So 180 pins it was. Of course when Z had to go so did N. unfortunately when I peered in, he was washing his hands so I basically paid a buck for him to tour the restroom.
We explored a giant castle today but I can't figure out how to add pictures! The kids ate lunch outside while we waited for the rain to pass. Z had a hamburger, but it was like no hamburger I have ever seen. Not really sure what the meat was as I have seen NO ground beef since I have been here. It looked more like a piece of ham with some ketchup. As long as she enoyed it right? N had a hot do as usual.
Yes, I would say we had a great day! Bed times are getting better. EVERYTHING is getting better! I guess you can't expect it to be all roses! When you have a baby, you grow together....... and the baby sleeps a LOT. Our family was instantly thrown together and we are getting to know each other very quickly! I think all of our worlds have been rocked. But I still LOVE it. Hopefully we won't all kill each other before we come back home. It is interesting how well we are communicating just after two weeks. I talk with teachers all the time abot body language and one thing has been confirmed for me. Body language is EVERYTHING!
Until tomorrow!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad you posted this because it prompted me to teach Chip some Hungarian! Good pisheenie Chip! Good pookeenie Chip! He is so smart because he already knows what these two words mean in Hungarian!
ReplyDelete