The Quest

Friday, May 17, 2013

The Mini City

Today's adventure was The Mini City. The Mini City was pretty incredible. It's like a kids paradise. I thought Z might be too old but there was so much for both of them to do and they LOVED it! The mini city is just that. A tiny city where kids can go from room to room and pretend they are working in the city. They get there card stamped at each station. There is a bank, hair salon, (@ Lisa Cange- you would fall over. I had to supervise here because there were wigs and actual brushes and combs for them to use. Can you say lice epidemic....... If this were in the states the first question we would ask upon detecting eggs is "have you been to the Mini City?") there is a road with stop lights and scooters, a library with listening center, a dentist with an actual chair and tools (I took them in this one to get them acquainted because I will be giving my right arm for new teeth when we arrive back home. We both have some serious neglect with our teeth. I can't tell how bad it is but I am pretty sure some of our adult teeth are shot.) There is a grocery store, an auto mechanic, a painting studio, a jail and police department, a movie theatre with 3D, a stage with Karaoke, a building area with foam bricks and tools, a bank, a clothing store, a restaurant , a broadcast studio with cameras and tons of other little areas. It was truly quite creative. The kids could have played here all day. I liked it because they actually were required to use their imagination in each area. Z played on the stage singing and dancing for at least an hour. Singing and dancing to the same song over and over...... Whenever the Hungarian version of Gansta Style came on all the kids would run to the stage. It was intersting hearing them sing it in their language. Z got a taste of her own medicine when they overtook the stage and literally snatched the mike right out if her hand. The Hungarian version if Gangsta Style was pretty funny. I wish I could post a video but I can't until I return to the states. It's a must for viewing. It reminded me of one of the shows in the resort in Playa we used to go to. (Mom, you know the one....lol. Let Me Entertain You) I found it interesting that some girls who only spoke Hungarian were singing in English ( Rockstar). Very funny!! Z was everyone's back up dancer. She will sleep good tonight. N is like a Bull in a China Shop. He got on the scooter at the Mini City and plowed over the road block. Thank God for helmets. Teaching him to ride a bike will be frightening after watching his coordination and balance (or lack of ) on the scooter. Andy tried to teach N how to ride the scooter bless his heart. He does not quite have the balance he needs. After a large party came in I determined why we THOUGHT our kids were out of control. Omg it was like a kiddie riot. Running and screaming and yelling with no adults to control them. It was really bad. It would never have flown in the US and it took everything in me to to unleash the principal. Yes, I have decided that perhaps for Hungary expectations, Andy and I have over reacted. We are definitely uptight Americans.....Lol. A funny moment happened when Niko went into the little store and got a cart. Did I mention in the stores here there are only hand carts you carry or a hand cart you pull that has two wheels on the bottom.... What you buy at the store fits in this tiny carry cart because you are carrying it on your back all the way home. There is no unloading groceries because they are on your back already. Lol. At any rate, I have trained the kids well. I know people here think Any and I are Nazis because we had to reach them to put their hands in their pockets. It was out of control when we went into stores. (Kay Richards- you were right!!!!) When N went in the pretend store at Mini City the worker attempted to hand him a Carry Cart but he already had his hands in his pockets. He turned to look at me outside the window watching him with this big smile on his face as if to say "look at me mom, I have my hands in my pockets." He was so proud. I had to pop my head in and ask the girl (she also spoke some English) to explain to him that he did not have to keep his hands in his pockets at the pretend store. Yes Mini City was well worth the $30! We will come back on the next rainy day. If for nothing else we will be back for the restrooms. Best toilet paper ever! Don't laugh about that! You can't find decent toilet paper. I've been known on occasion to use paper towels because they are equivalent to our toilet paper. I miss my toilet paper. But Mini City makes me feel right at home! And it's included in the cost of your admission! It's like no where else I have found in the city. Yes, it's the little things that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment